Newburgh Federal Building Sold
Real Estate In-Depth | February 23, 2016
NEWBURGH—John J. Lease Realtors Commercial Division recently announced that it had sold the Newburgh Federal Building, which has been the home of the West End Post Office since 1940. The property traded for $950,000.
The Federal Building at 460 Broadway is a landmark location in Newburgh The Federal Building was originally built by the Tarr family for the post office. It was sold in 1980 to HLM Corp.
It was purchased by S.S. Paik LLC as an investment. The stability of Newburgh’s West End Post Office is critical to the revitalization of Broadway, officials with John J. Lease Realtors stated. John J. Lease Realtors was represented by Art Fowler, commercial division manager.