GATEWAY PERSPECTIVES: In the Blink of an Eye
Richard Haggerty | December 2016
Just one year ago I wrote an article for this publication about 2016 being the 20th year anniversary of Real Estate In-Depth, as well as the 100th anniversary of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors, which was established in 1916. Boy did this year go by quickly! We certainly did celebrate, starting with a gala installation at the Ritz Carlton, a grand opening party at our new headquarters at One Maple in White Plains, as well as celebrations on the waterfront in Newburgh and Haverstraw. Through it all, we didn’t stand on our laurels and 2016 was an extraordinarily productive year for both the Association and the Multiple Listing Service.
While I will save most of the details of 2016 activities for our “Year in Review” edition of Real Estate In-Depth next month, I will provide a very brief recap here. On the Association side HGAR launched the following initiatives:
- A newly redesigned online version of Real Estate In-Depth with weekly updates.
- A new, personalized member portal to access the association website, hgar.com, with single sign-on technology to seamlessly transition from multiple sites.
- Met RPAC goal for the third year in a row.
- Successfully defeated a proposed increase in the transfer tax in Yonkers that would have doubled the current transfer tax.
- Merged with the Manhattan Association of Realtors and established the Manhattan Chapter of HGAR.
The Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service was equally busy this year entering into agreements to launch a number of new initiatives and products, including:
- InfoSparks and Fast Stats, tools to help HGMLS subscribers have the most up-to-date market analytics to impress today’s buyers and sellers.
- GoHGMLS, a true mobile application through which HGMLS subscribers can easily access Matrix on any mobile device.
- Instanet, a transaction management solution that will be fully integrated with Matrix and Realist data, will launch in early 2017.
None of these initiatives could have been accomplished without the leadership of the Officers and Directors of both the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors, Inc. and the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. I want to especially acknowledge the efforts of Marcene Hedayati and Renee Zurlo, the respective Presidents of HGAR and HGMLS. They have led their respective organizations with tremendous focus, intelligence, grace and humor, and I am indebted to them for their selfless service this year. It seems the year went by like the blink of an eye, but when I look at the list of accomplishments I realize just how much hard work our leadership devoted to the Realtor organization this year.
On a personal note, on behalf of myself and the HGAR/HGMLS staff, I wish all of you a wonderful and safe holiday season and our best wishes for a prosperous and healthy New Year!